
My Mom came to visit over the Fourth of July Holiday. It was wonderful to see my Mom. I have always felt that we have a wonderful relationship...from a distance. I haven't seen my Mom in almost 3 years and was delighted that she flew to San Antonio to visit. I think my Mom has only flown have a dozen times or so in her entire life so it meant the world to me. I loved showing off my house and my city. I was delighted to find out that I live just down the road from the San Antonio Wild Animal Orphanage. I'd highly recommend a visit for anyone in the area. For those not in the area check out their website. You can see pictures of the animals and get updates on how they are doing. Many of the animals were abused, used for research, put in tourist attractions or grew to big for their owners small places.
The Orphanage is under new management and they couldn't be nicer to talk to. They are very knowledgeable of the animals and happy to chat with you. You have to be on a tour to see the animals for your safety and the safety of the animals. I highly encourage you to stop by for a tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment