The previous owners had this flower bed of red cannas. They looked pretty nice but after all the deep freezes we had last winter they looked terrible and I thought they had died so I had the gardener cut them back. Needless to say he cut them down to almost nothing and I'd been thinking about what to plant there when all of the sudden they popped back up. So I decided to see what would happen and just let them grow. The beautiful red cannas came back but low and behold there's one yellow one. Just this one yellow flower doing its own thing in a sea of red ones.
What a lesson in individuality. Doing you own thing, what makes you happy, what makes you thrive in the sea. I hope that I can be like that yellow flower. Making my own decision regardless of the flow. I think its a good reminder to us all. Thank you nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment