Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall in Alaska



Greetings! I don’t think I ever really experienced fall before coming to Alaska. Seems like the trees have changed over night and are turning different shades of gold and red. It finally stopped raining today. It’s been cloudy and wet for the last couple of weeks. The clouds cleared for a few hours and we could see the termination snow on the nearby mountains. There is a crispness in the air and winter doesn’t seem too far away.
Jerry made a friend at work that has ATV’s and he’s been out a couple of times the last few weekends. He comes home looking like a complete mud ball. We’ll be getting ready for the winter activities soon. I got a new snowboard last season and need to properly break it in without breaking my neck. Our dog Missy is supposed to start sled training again soon with her brother. Sled races start in December I hear. After winning one race last season they are ready to win some more. She loves running with her brother. She’s gotten to play with him a couple of times over the summer. There’s been a mamma moose and baby moose hanging around our block. The other day we opened the blinds to see mamma feeding her young. I couldn’t get the camera fast enough to snap a picture. I just finished another class towards my Master’s. I am taking a week off from class before the next one starts. I am still on track to finishing in June of 2009. I am really looking forward to being done. I think Jerry is looking forward to me finishing too he’s tired of watching me do homework all the time. Hope all is well!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Awesome fall pictures of your area. Yes, fall away from California is very different and I love it too.