Monday, July 28, 2008

Air Show and Hockey






Greetings! Time has gotten away from me…Jerry took me to the air how at the end of June. We had a great time going in and out of all the planes. I especially liked watching the Air Force Academy jump from the C-17 and then Jerry showed me all the in’s and out’s of the C-5 which is they plane he worked on as a flying mechanic for 8 years. It was somewhat cloudy that day so we didn’t stay to see too much of the show but we had a great time! The weather has been rather rainy lately and the prediction is that winter will be here early this year. In fact you can already see some termination snow on the local mountains. It never has really gotten very warm this summer.

Jerry is starting to play some hockey games again. He took much of the summer off. At the end of last season they had a photographer taking pictures at the game. We call this one Jerry’s sports illustrated shot. I’ve watched a few of his games and the team is pretty good. Since Jerry plays goalie he can play for any team and everyone seems to need a goalie so our phone is ringing all the time.

I am just a week away from finishing another class towards my Master’s. I am taking a week off between classes but I am excited to be close to being done.

The weather has kept us from exploring Alaska too much, but Jerry is going finishing down in Seward in a few weeks. It’s an overnight boy’s weekend. I am hoping her catches enough Halibut to fill up the freezer. I made him buy me a small deep freezer just so we’d have enough room!

No comments: